Friday, July 12, 2013

Tatsuya Fujiwara joins new Rurouni Kenshin live-action film cast; other details revealed

Yep, lots of news.



TATSUYA FUJIWARA CAST AS SHISHIO; DIRECTOR KEISHI OTOMO TO RETURN




According to the official website of , TATSUYA FUJIWARA (Death Note's Light Yagami, Kaiji's Kaiji, Battle Royale's Shuya Nanahara) for the . Shishio is a former government assassin and serves as the main anatagonist for the Kyoto arc of the Rurouni Kenshin manga.



It took a while for my brain to stop inanely repeating "HAHAHA LIGHT IS SHISHIO HAHAHA"



I personally find it a bit hard to imagine Fujiwara projecting the level of malevolence I associate with Shishio, but the casting department for this project have done a great job thus far so I'm not worried. I'm looking forward to seeing Fujiwara prove me wrong.



My brother happened to comment that Fujiwara's eyes are perfect for the role. He may have something there



The Jump SQ website also revealed that the director for the first film, KEISHI OTOMO, will be returning to helm the new films. (Yay!) The two films have also been given official titles: Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Taika-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The Great Kyoto Fire Arc) and Rurouni Kenshin: Densetsu no Saigo-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The End of a Legend Arc).



Source:



CHARACTERS AOSHI AND SOUJIROU WILL APPEAR IN THE NEW FILMS; MAIN CAST LISTED ON OFFICIAL WEBSITE



According to translators from the Tumblr page , the for the Rurouni Kenshin films states that the characters AOSHI SHINOMORI AND SOUJIROU SETA WILL BE APPEARING IN THE NEW FILMs. In the manga's Kyoto arc, Aoshi is the okashira (leader) of the Shinobi group Oniwabanshuu and holds a grudge against Kenshin, while Soujirou is Shishio's right-hand man and a swordsman with the ability to move at amazing speeds. They've also gleaned other details regarding the films, so !



I just need Hiko and Misao, and I'll be happy



There are, of course, many other characters I'd like to see appear in the films, but these are the five characters I consider to be indispensable to the Kyoto arc.



According to the translators, the official site bills Emi Takei (Kaoru), Munetaka Aoki (Sanosuke), Yuu Aoi (Megumi) and Yosuke Eguchi (Saito) as stars of the upcoming movies. Well, I guess I can breathe a sigh of relief. There's still the matter of Taketo Tanaka (Yahiko) though



Sources: ,
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment