Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gatchaman Crowds

Was curious about new anime so watched its first episode, alas must admit that this series is definitely not for me.



Apparently based on a television series from the early seventies, the anime itself has plenty of merit and studio Tatsunoko Production seems to have some experience in bringing old franchises back, like "Casshern Sins".




With a rather unique visual style that reminded me a bit of "Blue Submarine No 6" and "Birdy The Mighty Decode", the overall animation was quite good with fluid action sequences and rather flashy character designs.



Unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to really enjoy or like this show. The main premise and emergence of the new Gatchaman hero in main female lead Hajime is all brought so abruptly that it feels too forced to me. Alien JJ and the Gatchaman notebooks feel too akin and inspired on "Death Note" for comfort.



Do wonder if this show might not bring a few pleasant surprises like "Puella Magi Madoka Magica", however I doubt it, so I will not be adding this series to my weekly to watch list.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment