Saturday, July 13, 2013

Death Note

Well, seeing how things on the anime community have been slow lately, other than episodes of Attack on Titan, which I will not review until the series is complete, so I can give my full opinion of the show overall. Instead, I've decided to take a look back at one of the shows that had a huge hype, and was one of the most complex, intelligent, and interesting shows of 2006-2007. I'm talking about Death Note, for those of you who don't read titles. This really isn't going to be so much a review as it is a recognition of how great this show was. This is by far one of the darkest and most complex animes I've seen.



THE PLOT: A grim reaper named Ryuk is bored with his own world, the Shinigami Realm, and decides to drop his tool of killing, a "Death Note" into the human world. The Death Note is a notebook that, when a person's name is written in its pages, they die. This notebook shortly discovered by Light Yagami, a high school student who thinks that the world has become corrupt, and decides to utilize the notebook as a tool to purge the world of all crime. The only person who can stand in Light's way is a secret super-detective named "L."




The story is one of the strongest, and uses tons of logic, and motives. The story never feels rushed, but always leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat. It tells what it needs to to make sense, and drops clues for foreshadowing. This makes it more fun for people who, like me, enjoy making theories as to what happens next in the series.



This is one thing no one expected.



Overall, Death Note for me never did anything wrong. The characters were strong, and the story is so enjoyable I re-watch it almost every year. It scores a perfect score!



FINAL VERDICT: Death Note doesn't make any mistakes, and is by far one of my favorite animes.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment