Monday, December 30, 2013

Liebster Awards

About a week go, I was nominated by for the Liebster Awards. Admittedly, I'm not really familiar with it (incidentally, I found out these series of Liebster chain posts had been going around way back from 2010, or perhaps even further back), but here's a basic rundown.



THE LIEBSTER AWARD IS INTENDED TO GIVE SOME EXPOSURE TO SMALL BLOGS WITH LESS THAN 200 FOLLOWERS. THE RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:




1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you

2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you

3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers

4. Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination

5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.



So without further ado, here's my answer to Silvachief's questions.



1. IF YOU WERE NO LONGER ABLE TO BLOG ABOUT WHAT YOU DO NOW, WHAT WOULD YOU BLOG ABOUT?



If I'm no longer able to blog about anime, games, visual novels and anything pertaining to the Japanese visual subculture, I do have other interests I can blog - ranging from music, films and even TV series. I might blog about technology too though I lack the monies to buy gadgets just to review or to provide impressions.



2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE FROM AN ANIME/VISUAL NOVEL/OTHER?

As I'm into anime/manga/games/visual novels/light novels, and I feel I shouldn't ignore quotes from the other media as well, I'm going to list down all my quotes respectively. I can't remember all the quotes from the titles I had watched/played (fyi, I'm also not the type to copy-paste interesting quotes), but the ones here are definitely the more memorable ones; some of them inspiring, some astonishing, some humorous, and some of them downright trolling.



ANIME:

"Listen up! Let's say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, but it's cold outside your bed. You don't want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You make up your mind to go! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! But then you realize. It isn't the bathroom! You're still in bed! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads like wildfire! But you don't stop! You can't stop! That's what I'm talking about! That's the truth of the strawberry milk! Do you get it?"

~Sakata Gintoki (Gintama) and his philosophy on "strawberry milk"



"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick"

~Oreki Houtarou (Hyouka) and his life motto



"Mad scientist. It's so cool. Sonuvabitch"

~Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate)



MANGA:

"People SHOULD be doubted. Many people misunderstand this concept. Doubting people is simply a part of getting to know them. What many people call "trust" is actually giving up on trying to understand others. Rather than "trust", it is actually APATHY."

~Akiyama Shinchi (Liar Game)



GAMES:

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itselfThat is coffee."

~Godot (Ace Attorney: Trails and Tribulations)



"First, I whip it out, then I thrust it with great force, every angle it penetrates, then with great strength, I ram it in! In the end, we are all satisfied, and you are set free."

~Dante (Devil May Cry 4) as



LIGHT NOVELS:

"Okay. Then I'll remember pilot Charles, forever."

~Fana (Remembrances for a Certain Pilot)



"I'm going to find her whatever it takes. Whatever. It. Takes. If I have to kill every single person on this planet, I'm ready to engage in mass genocide at the drop of a hat."

~Hoshino Kazuki (HakoMari)



VISUAL NOVELS:

"If you hesitate when asking a question, you're better off not asking. When you hesitate, you're afraid of looking in to the other person's heart. If you look into someone's heart unprepared, you won't be able to handle it. The ones who open up their heart want someone to take responsibility. They want to be worried together, angry together, cry together, laugh togetherSo if you're just casually asking, you're better off not doing it. It's better for both parties that way."

~Mare (Hoshizora no Memoria)



"Fools only look ahead, crybabies only look behind, envious children only look up and scornful asses only look down on othersbut they've all got tunnel vision!"

~Yuuji (Grisaia no Kajitsu)



IF YOU COULD GATHER EVERYONE ON YOUR BLOGROLL IN ONE PLACE, WHERE WOULD IT BE AND WHY?

3. Brunei, my country, since I feel not many people know about it. I will show everyone the island of unknown mystery brimming with mystical legends such as dragons and elves.



4. A 2-WAY DIMENSIONAL RIFT HAS OPENED OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE. WHICH FICTIONAL UNIVERSE WOULD YOU WANT IT TO CONNECT TO?

A place like Aria's Neo Venezia seems pretty nice. It's soothing and relaxing, and if there's a place I want to go to "recover" from my chaotic and hectic life - Neo Venezia's my top choice. If I'm adventurous, I would live in a fantasy world like Fairy Tail too.



5. WHAT IS THE STORY BEHIND YOUR AVATAR NAME?

I wanted a name that sounds Japanese or just simply, Asian-like. The name should also be vague enough, fitting to use as a code name on some sort of secret operation; a name but not truly a genuine name in the truest sense. "Kai" emerged in one corner of my mind when I was brainstorming, and it sounds just about right - I didn't base it on any other existing medium, it's too vague for me to base it on one specific title anyway; furthermore, the name is simple, yet vague, but "open" enough to be interpreted as just as anything, yet retaining it's Asian feature - it's perfect.



6. DO YOU HAVE ANY PHOBIAS, FICTIONAL OR OTHERWISE?

A bit of height phobia?



7. IF YOU COULD CONQUER ANY ONE COUNTRY, WHICH ONE WOULD IT BE?

Japan. And once I had done so, I will do the very one thing that I had in mind for a while - spreading more Japanese games and visual novels outside of Japan to increase accessibility for foreigners and supporting localizations *proud*



8. WHICH SUPER POWER WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE?

Visual power to see through objects. I swear I don't have any perverted objectives.



9. IF YOU COULD BE ANY OTHER FICTIONAL RACE, WHICH WOULD YOU BE?

Dragon.. does that count?



10. WHICH 3 ANIMALS WOULD YOU MOST LIKE AS PETS?

Dragon, cerberus and werewolf.



11. YOU FIND YOURSELF IN THE WAITING ROOM AT THE GEEK CLINIC. WHY ARE YOU THERE?

I was diagnosed with multiple personality disorder - one where I'm the normal, humble and innocent Kai you all see now, the second personality where I'm a perverted lolicon and chased after roris and the third personality where I got obsessed with oppai and would be glad to jump into these lovely "valleys of love".



So it seems that it's my turn now to ask the questions. I however, won't be nominating anyone, I'm not even sure how many followers the bloggers I know had. I'll just leave all my questions here, anyone is free to answer them.



1. Are you a light novel reader?

2. Who is your favorite video game composer?

3. Is there any anime you watched which motivated you to learn something?

4. Do you collect anime merchandise? (figures, posters, blu-rays, cards, etc )

5. What do you think of Vocaloid music?

6. Is there any manga/light novels/visual novels that you would like to have an anime adaption?

7. If you're given the chance to design a mascot for your blog, how would you design him/her?

8. What's your top five favorite anime?

9. How many game consoles had you owned?

10. You found a Death Note lying in front of your house. What do you do?

11. If given the power to live eternally, would you go for it?
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment