Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Anime Mondays #41

So, you know how I've been talking about making the transition to youtube?I pretty much have the whole theming planned out, along with a filming location I just need to learn how to use iMovie.This is going to be interesting.Look for a 2014 debut.In other news, this "Timber" song by Ke$ha is really distracting and stupid.Spotify, you are failing.



All images below are from , and there are spoilers up to the episodes listed!




DIABOLIK LOVERS - EPISODES 11-12 (COMPLETED!)



And so it ends.And it tries to have a plot.I cry, the end.Seriously I know why boys watch all the fanservice shows I hate.And when they try to have plots, they just fail even harder.Such is the case with DIABOLIK LOVERS, that ends on a low note that makes absolutely no sense.I can't even attempt to explain the ending, but this is what I got out of it:Yui stabs herself because she's a moron, the old lady vamp tries to awaken her anyway, the purple haired smart guy makes a potion to flush the old lady out of her, Ayato makes out with Yui's almost corpse in order to give her the potion, she wakes up and she's thirsty.Thirsty for what?Blood?Water?Then the credits roll, I get confused and almost throw my Roku remote at the TV, and afterwards we are treated to a coda that is more than likely recycled game footage of all the vampires coming on to Yui.Sadly, that was the best part of the episode.It was cheesy as all hell, but I mean, I didn't watch this show for its plot, I watched it to see what kind of ridiculous things would come out of the characters' mouths.I will still be the only person who liked this anime, like, ever, and my cosplay is being made right now by someone overseas.You can go ahead and judge me, but who'll be the one picked up a reverse harem at the con?This girl.I ranked DIABOLIK LOVERS 7/10 on MAL, taking one point off for the shitty ending.I don't know why anyone expected this to be anything other than a show that panders to fangirls, which it did exceptionally well up until the end.So trash it all you want, but it did its job.



YU-GI-OH DUEL MONSTERS - EPISODES 17-24



This block of episodes can be summed up in the following sentence: oh my god, Yugi loses a match.I know.I was shocked, too.Seeing as this is the protagonist who can do no wrong, homeboy straight up loses his match to Kiba.However, this doesn't come without a twist.Yugi could have smoked him, but in doing so, he may have pushed Kiba off a wall or something, so he refused to attack and let him win.Seriously??I mean, it's a goddamned card game.Even with holograms and stuff, if you're taking this crap so seriously that you're willing to commit suicide if you lose Jesus Christ.I know, I know, Kiba was trying to save his brother who Pegasus kidnapped, but come the fuck on.I want Yugi or someone in his group to really lose, not just throw it away.It's not that I dislike the characters, it just gets so boring when you know the good guys will always win.



NARUTO - EPISODES 44-52



Thank god, the Chunin exam preliminaries are over.OVER.I mean, the exam as a whole is still going on, but at least we'll get to see them do something slightly different for awhile.Predictably, Naruto won his match.Rock Lee got slaughtered by the sand guy (though he put up enough of a fight to make his match last three episodes, fuck), and the quiet girl who has a crush on Naruto got a beat down from her cousin.In the real exam, the sand guy is going to go up against Sasuke (who is still currently in a goddamned coma), and that is going to be the shit.I think sand guy is my favorite character.I mean, not favorite enough that I can remember his name, but, you know.He just doesn't give a fuck about anything but slaughtering people AND HE CAN'T BE TAMED.Love it.Of course, I ran out of episodes, so I had to buy another box set off Right Stuf, and it's coming with my Christmas order where one thing is out of stock, so who knows when I'll get it.It's an amazing thing that's out of stock, though, so I'll wait.No worries.



ACCEL WORLD - EPISODES 1-6 (RE-WATCH)



When I was lucky enough to score one of the best deals I have ever come across at Right Stuf (spoiler! I'll talk about it in a minute), I had to pad out my cart, so I ordered the first volume of the ACCEL WORLD blu-ray.I love this show.I watched it while it was airing on Hulu, and everySaturday morning, I would get up and turn it on.I would not miss it for the life of me.It was a no brainer that I was going to buy it, but I was going to wait until a Viz sale whatever, I picked it up and got the "art book," which was not worth it because the quality is crap.Sadly, the quality of this blu-ray is crap, as well.The dub is terrible.I don't know what it is about Viz doing this horrific dubs, but, oh my god.The VAMPIRE KNIGHT dub was an atrocity, and this dub ugh.I hate it so much.It's like the actors are just reading lines off a piece of paper.Secondly, I think the video quality was better off the internet, and I was watching it on a big screen tv in HD, so that's something.The show is still awesome, though.I liked it better than SWORD ART ONLINE, and I adore that show to pieces, so that's telling you something.It doesn't get really good until the back half, though.Another thing Viz sucks at?Making people wait for the next installments.



GUN X SWORD - EPISODES 1-4



Ah, yes, another title I got out of a Crunchyroll mystery box that I have every disc from except volume 2.Will I ever finish this?Probably not until a blind box buy throws the next volume in my direction.That aside, this is not a very good show, and not at all up my alley.You'd think, guns and swords, so it should be okay, right?Wrong.Turns out, the main dude with an American name fights with "armor " which is code for "inside a giant robot."I fucking hate robots.After I figured that out, it lost all its appeal for me.On a side note, I have so many doubles of a few volumes of this.Does anybody want them?Please take them off my hands, otherwise, I have about 40 dvds I need to sell back to Amazon for a quarter apiece.



STELLVIA - EPISODES 1-4



Another blind box pick, but one where I only have this volume.I'm slightly saddened by that, because even though this show takes place in space (the only thing I hate more than anime about robots is anime about space), it's pretty good.I guess it's more a school show than a space show, at least so far, as the main girl goes off to space boarding school, and is learning to become a pilot, or an engineer, or something.Really, this was on in the background while I re-did my anime shelves, so I wasn't paying close attention.But I did put my entire TENCHI MUYO! collection in one spot!And I'm only missing the space spin-offs which I refuse to buy.Maybe I'll check out the rest of STELLVIA, though.Netflix has got to have it collecting dust somewhere.



CODE GEASS - EPISODES 3-5



I probably should have paid more attention to this, but I got to the point where I just wanted to send the disc back, so I put it on while I was cleaning.Consequently, I have no idea what's happening now except Lelouch saw some girl in the shower and one came to visit him who's a princess I don't know.All the robots turned me off.I have disc 2 that I need to send back, as well, so I'll try to pay more attention to that one.You know, I'm attempting to watch anime series that people think are "classic," age not defining, but most of them are robot shows.Doesn't anyone have a classic shoujo or a classic romance or even a classic horror?Man, I hate robots.



TENCHI MUYO OVA - EPISODE 8



I love the theme song to the second half of the OVA series.Man, I had completely forgotten about it, but as soon as I popped my blu-ray in, the pioneer song just attacked my ears, and I remembered how I spent days trying to memorize it.Ugh, I love it.Anyway, other than the theme song, I was not a huge fan of the back half of this series.My VHS collection attests that I purchased them, but I didn't watch them nearly as much as I watched 1-6.Wanna know why?Filler-palooza, even when I didn't know what filler was.Case in point: this episode is all about Tenchi and his harem taking care of a baby.Yes, a whole episode dedicated to infant care.And while it's cute, it's nothing to write home about.I can't remember if any of the episodes after it have plot or not, but I'll find out.I'm making my way through the whole collection, including the PRETTY SAMMY spin-off which I forgot that I had.



COWBOY BEBOP - EPISODES 6-10



I have been looking and looking to try to buy this series for a price that's not hundreds of dollars, when lo and behold, someone tweeted that Right Stuf had a bunch of Bandai titles back in stock and this was one of them.So I picked up all of the Remix edition for $5 apiece.MY LIFE, IT JUST GOT GREAT.Well, except for volume 2.But, wouldn't you know it, I had volume 2 just sitting at my house from Netflix, and I can buy it on Amazon, so merry Christmas to me.Unfortunately, these episodes were not as good as 3-5.I was waiting for the epic to kick in, and it just didn't.I won't give up, though.Something awesome has got to happen before the series ends.I have faith.And now I own it, so I can watch it whenever I want to instead of forcing myself to watch this DVD I've had from Netflix since June just so I can get a new one in case you were wondering, it's the third live action DEATH NOTE movie, and it's full of subtitles and I can't make it past the first five minutes without forcing myself but I will.



ONE PIECE - EPISODES 71-73



It's Christmastime, so instead of watching Frosty the Snowman specials, I watch a lot of ONE PIECE.I know.I'm weird.But I have 8 collections of it to get through, and I am only on #3 which I think I was on LAST Christmas.Oy.These episodes have dinosaurs in them (spoiler, I love dinosaurs), which makes them semi-interesting, but they also have strange giant fights, which cancels the interesting out.Also, they say Baroque Works a lot, which is an awesome name.Other than that, not much is happening.People getting kidnapped.Vivi is still there.The giant duck got beat up.That giant duck is like the best character ever.I want one.



And we're done.What do you think of the holiday layout?I can't see the post tags, but it'll get changed in 2014.I still can't find a WordPress layout I'm in love with, but at least they're better than blogger.See you next week!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment