Saturday, January 11, 2014

To be or not to be...

It is so god awful thinking of something to write. I personally need something to HIT me. This morning I was awoken at the unearthly early hour off eleven o'clock to the sound of the neighbor knocking the door down because he wanted to play on our Xbox. I then dragged my disheveled state into the kitchen where I drank some coffee and noticed we had no washing up liquid. Back I walk back into my room where I put on some clothes on the floor and pack my bag for the library. I went to the library and printed off my essay and came home. Ever since then I have been lounging around talking to friends. That is my day ladies and gentlemen. What is life?



I'm sitting on this couch trying to figure out what nugget of knowledge or funny-thing-that-happened this week I should impart upon those who charitably read my nonsense every week (by the way thank you guys, I really appreciate it!). Honestly nothing of significance occurred this week. I apologize profusely for this. I'm a terrible blogger really. It has just been so busy with writing essays and trying to juggle the seven or so TV series' I am currently trying to navigate through. If anybody is interested this includes Doctor Who, The Vampire Diaries, New Girl, Breaking Bad (Yes I know I'm sorry its on my to-do list right after learning to drive and apply for a passport) Supernatural and Death note. Then there are the other day to day things like remembering to eat, buying toilet paper and Starbucks with the girls - and getting drunk of course (priorities.)




I think that it is important to note here how much college students value; not just as a choice - but as a firm decision- to procrastinate. Yes of course we have time to do that 500 word assignment but I would much rather catch up on the latest season of Embarrassing Sex stories, thank you very much! Yeah I have lost ten pounds in the last month from living off coffee and toast but you know what? I'd much rather be susceptible to the common flu and sore throat than give up my Thursday nights out on the town!



Yes I do live five minutes from the entrance of university, but guess what? I leave home five minutes after class has begun, because fuck the system! That nine a.m. lecture that commuters wake up at six o'clock for? Yeah I skip that lecture, all the time. Why? I don't really know why. Maybe it is because I am only 19 and have no responsibilities, well apart from keeping myself alive and not burn down the house. In ten years time I will most probably have a significant other to care for, a couple of young urchins to yell at and (hopefully) a job to get out of bed for in the morning. Now however there isn't anybody to make sure I do all of these things that I am supposed to do.



So if you will excuse me, I must return to my coffee, toast and Damon Salvatore.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment