Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Danganronpa afterthoughts

Oh DanganronpaI finished watching this show and yet I can't say if it is a good or a bad show. I stopped reviewing it after episode 8 (that has nothing to do with the show's quality) so I guess first I better give you my opinion on the last episodes.



That was one impressive moment. And one unnecessary death.




The show were going steady uphill all the way to the last episode. After Oogami's death I was actually excited to see what will come next. And why is that? Because instead of episodic murder-trial scheme they began to go into a main mystery solving stage. Before Oogami died she wrote that she will help to fight the master mind. By that I assumed that all the deaths were fake and by dying you just finish the game, so I relaxed a little. The show did not seem so dark to me anymore.



Haven't seen the end part of the show and wonder what that is about? Too bad



Problem was that I was wrong. And they did manage to build up some tension. At the tenth episode if I remember right Kirigiri had to more or less fight against Naegi, which was a little heart breaking. That was the best episode I think. I can't say that Naegi or Kirigiri are brilliant characters, but they are sure my favorite from the series and they made the show enjoyable to me. I think they should have let Kirigiri play a bigger role in the final trial and the events surrounding it, but well, they decided to give it all to Naegi. That kinda made the series a little more simplistic, being centered around the protagonist too much, but that is just how I see it.



That has got to be one of the best moments in the show



At the end of the series we learn that one of the students who was supposed to be killed was actually not and she was a master mind. And we learned that the world outside is devastated in some apocalyptic conflict. That does not make any sense really. That is not even a plot device, it is just a joke, an excuse to fill in a void. I think it is actually better this way, cause if they would have really tried to make a plausible story, I think it would have just turned out as a sad mess.



If you haven't seen the last episodes, I'll let you wonder ^^



Oh by the way, this is a pretty ridiculous outfit for a professional soldier.



So, what is good about the show? I would say it is good for relaxed viewing. When you stressed out and you don't want to see anything powerful (like, let's say FMA or Death Note), you may pick Danganronpa. It is entertaining, you may try to solve the crimes and some characters are likable too. On the other hand, it is not something that would leave you with an open mouth, so don't expect too much. Though I assume everyone who read this has already seen the series, cause I've just spoiled the whole thing. Anyway, that is what I think about the show. Hope you liked the show, cause I sure did. Even though objectively I still can't say whether it is good or bad. Till the next time (^^)/



My other posts on Danganronpa:All my posts on Danganronpa - .



To be the first one to see the newest posts, follow me on or . To see the catalog of the posts published in this blog .
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment